This short learning program was designed to enable delegates to plan and prepare a business project, implement and monitor the project and successfully close out the project. Delegates will learn the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) concepts and principles of project management through the participation in a business game. On completion the delegate is able to begin operating in a project environment by understanding the PMBOK terminology used and interpreting and explaining fundamental concepts of project management.
This three-day program is directly aligned to the unit standard: Supervise a project team of a developmental project to deliver project objectives – SAQA ID: 10146 – NQF Level: 5. On successful completion of this program, delegates will be awarded 14 national credits. Successful candidates will receive an attendance certificate and a statement of results upon external verification by the Services Seta.
The qualifying learner is capable of explaining:
- The nature of a project;
- The nature, application and types of structures of project management;
- The application of organisation structures in a project environment;
- The major processes and activities required to manage a project;
- Creating a project charter; a Work and Task Breakdown structure;
- Designing a project plan, schedule (Gant Chart) and project reports;
- Manage the project budget, team and risk; and closing out a project.