Business & HR Strategy
Organisational Strategy is the direction and scope an organisation takes over the long-term to achieve its goals.
Human Resources Strategy
The Human Resources strategy is the strategy adopted by an organisation, with the aim of integrating an organisation’s culture, its employees and system by coordinating a set of actions to achieve the required organisational goals. It must be aligned to organisation’s mission, vision and strategy. The characteristics of the industry in which the organisation is to be analyzed and its competitive advantage need to be determined when developing the HR strategy.
Benefits of designing and implementing and effective Human Resources Strategy include;
- Assists in ensuring that organisational objectives are met (link to strategy);
- Attract and retain talented employees within the business;
- Promote and reward the right behaviours within the business that drives a high performing organisational culture;
- Ensure that HR Practices are fair and equitable for employees across the organisation, internally within the organisation & externally with the market;
- Motivate employees to increase their productivity and continually improve their performance and output;
- Enable equitable treatment between employees;
- Create a healthy corporate culture leading to ethical conduct and pleased customers; and
- Comply with workplace laws and regulations.