Nat Dip: in Human Resource Management
This Qualification is linked to the South African National Unit Standard: 61592 and holds 249 credits at NQF Level 5 and is aligned to the South African Human Resources Standards.
Holders of the qualification will be able to operationalise some aspects of the core human resources management processes at a basic level and integrate them into an organisation’s business processes. Holding this qualification will enable candidates to enter learning programmes for a generalist degree in Human Resources Management and Practices.
This diploma will be useful to people who operationalise some aspects of the core processes and practices at a basic level:
- Strategic planning for human resources management and practices;
- Acquisition, development and utilisation of people;
- Establishment and improvement of labour and employee relations &
- Compensation and administration related to human resources management and practices.
Delegates will be required to put together a portfolio of evidence together and complete a compulsory FISA Exam. Both will be assessed by Emergence Learning Academy and externally by South African Board of People Practice (SABPP) who will endorse the results and provide the delegates with a National Statement of Results.
National Diploma Human Resource Management and Practices – SAQA ID:61592 Credits:249
- Gain and demonstrate a basic understanding of the Global HR Standards as it exists in South Africa through SABPP;
- Be able to link the Standards to their own operational policies and procedures and ensure that best practices are adhere too;
- Be able to demonstrate how it impacts on the life cycle of an employee &
- Have a basic understanding of Audit requirements and processes and where to find evidence for audit questions being asked.
- Measure and assess factors that influence;
- Labour; productivity and establish the relative impact of each factor;
- Supervise a project team of a business project to deliver the objectives;
- Set, monitor and measure the achievement of goals and objectives for a team &
- Department or division within an organisation.
Recruitment & Induction
- Recruit and select candidates to fill defined positions;
- Draft an employment contract &
- Manage the induction of new staff.
- Implement codes of conduct throughout the organisation;
- Institute disciplinary action;
- Monitor and advise on conditions of employment and related rights and obligations within an organisation;
- Conduct a disciplinary hearing &
- Facilitate the resolution of employee grievances
Legislation & Compliance
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act &
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of the Labour Relations Act with respect to Collective Agreements and Bargaining Councils
- Co-ordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation;
- Conduct an organizational needs analysis;
- Develop an organisational training and development plan;
- Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues &
- Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes
HR Systems & Financial Management
- Advise on the establishment and implementation of a quality management system for skills development practices;
- Prepare and communicate a productivity improvement plan for a functional unit;
- Manage, capture, storage and retrieval of human resources information using a system &
- Compile and control a budget for a range of operational requirements
HR Project & Risk Management
- Supervise a project team of to deliver project objectives;
- Managing change management projects &
- Project management business game
HR Strategic Management & Business Partnering
- Contribute towards organisation policy development;
- Demonstrate knowledge and insight into the relationship between strategic human resource planning and an organisation’s strategic planning &
- Produce a Human Resource plan to achieve organisational resultse resolution of employee grievances