Skills Development Facilitator
The broad aim of this course is to develop and equip each learner with the necessary skills and knowledge to become an effective Skills Development Facilitator.
Upon completing this course, the participants should be able to:
- Have an overview of the Skills Development Act, Employment Equity Act and other relevant legislation;
- Describe and explain the functions of a skills development facilitator;
- Develop a development plan for the organisation;
- Conduct analysis to determine outcomes of learning skills development;
- Co-ordinate planned skills development interventions;
- Conduct skills development administration; and
- Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues.
This course is comprised of 7-unit standards with a total of 37 credits at NQF Level 5, as follows
15217 – Develop an organisational training and development plan
15218 – Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes
- 15232 – Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation
- 15228 – Advise on the establishment and implementation of a quality management system for skills development practices in an organisation
- 15227 – Conduct skills development administration in an organisation
- 252041 – Promote a learning culture in an organisation.
- 15221 – Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues.
The training is made up of facilitation, group discussions, breakaway activities, presentations and compilation of portfolio of evidence.
Assessments may take a number of forms:
- Formative assessment:
- Participation in course discussions, activities and plenary sessions;
- Portfolio of evidence;
- Summative assessment; and/or
- Workplace assignment;
Each delegate will work on the current SETA Workplace Skills Plans and Annual Training Reports by way of compiling a comprehensive Portfolio of Evidence. The learning programme is designed to ensure that the Portfolio of Evidence compilation is largely done in training with the guidance of an expert facilitator and there will be a workplace assignment for summative assessment.