Labour Relations Advisory
Labour Relations Advisory Services
Labour relations is typically defined as the management of individual and collective relationships in an organisation through the implementation of good practices that enable the achievement of organisational objectives compliant with the legislative framework and appropriate social economic conditions.
The area of Labour Relations is of critical importance to a number of organisations in ensuring the organisation is maintaining an effective balance between progressive practices and legislative compliance. There is often interdependent legislation applicable within Human Resources, such as Labour Relations, Employment Equity, Skills Development etc. Knowledge of each of these legislative frameworks is essential in ensuring that the organisation does not make decisions in isolation or without understanding the impact in other areas.
The services we are able to assist with in terms of provision of Labour Relations advisory services is summarised as follows:
- Drafting/review of Employment Contracts;
- Closure, mergers & sale of business;
- Collective labour law, collective bargaining & negotiation;
- Chairing of Disciplinary Hearings;
- Representation at the CCMA and
- Advice regarding:
- Conditions of employment;
- Unfair labour practice; ETC