Skills Auditing System
ELECTRONIC SKILLS AUDITING SYSTEM
To most organizations, the benefits of investing in on-going staff training are clear. They include:
- Process improvements: reduced duplication of effort, less time spent correcting mistakes, faster access to information, etc.
- Cost savings: lower staff turnover; lower recruitment costs; reduction in bad debts; reduced customer support calls; reduced help desk calls; reduced need for supervision; reduced downtime; increased staff productivity; fewer machine breakdowns; lower maintenance costs, etc.
- Improved profitability: increased sales; more referrals due to better customer service; new product ideas; improved customer satisfaction and retention, etc.
- Performance improvement: in quality, quantity, speed, safety, problem solving, etc.
- Behavioural improvements: in attitude, ethics, motivation, leadership, communication, reduced staff conflict, etc.
- Increased staff satisfaction: well trained staff tend to be happier, stay longer, and are more loyal.
Research undertaken to uncover the financial impact to an organisation of investing in staff training shows a clear and quantifiable link between an above average investment in staff training and superior bottom line performance.
“So, If we accept the need for investing in a formal staff training program, how does one go about identifying staff training requirements and putting a suitable program in place?
- Information supporting the Skills Audit process (competency profiles and organisation structures) can be stored within the system (eliminating version control issues);
- Hassle free implementation – QuikSkills© is a web-based system, no physical implementation is required;
- User training is half a day, and includes the principles of Training Needs Analysis;
- No limitation to the number of users who access via username and password;
- Access control to sensitive information;
- Reduces subjectivity, particularly with regard to the demographic in businesses;
- Understandable terminology;
- Ability to upload your company specific competencies;
- Compare individual competencies against your current competencies as per the job profile and generating a list of critical skills gaps to effectively plan training and development;
- Ability to export reports to Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe PDF.
Advantages and Benefits:
QuikSkills© incorporates the following strategic approaches to a Training Needs Analysis:
- Aligns Competency profiling to your organisation’s strategy;
- Assists you in identifying training needs thus creating a needs driven approach to training and development;
- Underpins the skills audit principles;
- Allows you to create an appropriate Learning & Development framework;
- Provides you with the tools to designing your own Training Needs Analysis, and identifying critical and scarce skills for effective talent management.
- Improve the overall audit process;
- Create a customised questioning system that invokes honest responses;
- Enhance communication structure and flow;
- Improve behaviour patterns and body language awareness;
- Build “results producing” relationships;
- Improve clarity and reception of key ideas;
- Develop awareness and acceptance among those being audited.
Optional Skills Audit Training:
A Skills Audit is a process that can be used to identify the skill gaps in an organisation. The outcome is a training needs analysis that identifies where training is required. We will assist with the implementation and application of QuikSkills© – which would incorporate training on the principles and concepts of Skills Audits and how the process is aligned to organisational strategy.
A Skills Audit results in:
- An understanding of the skills required and gaps the organisation currently has;
- A targeted analysis of development needs;
- A list of people who need development;
- Data that can be used for purposes such as internal selection; and
- Information that can be used for dynamic succession planning.